Ministry Of Transportation Of Ontario (MTO) Vision Statement:
To transform mobility in Southwestern Ontario in order to connect communities, integrate centres of innovation, and foster regional and economic growth and development.
Three foundational principles (MTO):
- Transform mobility choice in Southwestern Ontario
- Catalyze economic development
- Support regional integration and development
Project: Highway 401 Expansion Project:
- Location: 18 Kilometres – From The Credit River In Mississauga To Regional Road 25 In Milton
- Developer: Winning Bidder To Be Announced In 2019
- Estimated Budget: TBD
- Status: Request For Proposals
- Expected Completion: TBD
Originally announced in early 2018 by Kathryn McGarry (previous Minister of Transportation), the Highway 401 Expansion project is the widening of 18 kilometres (km) of highway between the Credit River in Mississauga and Regional Road 25 in Milton. This is part of the Government of Ontario’s plan to commit more than $2.5 billion to repair and expand provincial highways and bridges across the province. Ontario is currently making the largest infrastructure investment in hospitals, schools, public transit, roads and bridges in the province’s history. The Highway 401 expansion will assist in easing congestion, allow for more efficient transportation and flow of goods, and help accommodate continued population and employment growth in the region.
Source: Avison Young