Last night Transit Alliance held it’s a January meeting: Transit Alliance Dinner Discussion with Barbara Gray, GM Transportation Services, City of Toronto, and she was forthright, open and provocative. A very impressive civil servant. Our next event is February 5 Transit Alliance Dinner Discussion with Chris Murray, City Manager for Toronto. PM me for information on attendance or membership.
We had a wide ranging discussion on:
1. Transportation Services in Toronto.
2. Innovation in transit and transportation
3. Pedestrian Master Plan.
4. Public realm activation
5. Ten Year Cycling Network Plan for Toronto
6. King Street Transit Pilot
7. Vision Zero Road Safety Plan
8. Building equity into transportation
9. Multimodal design and leveraging technology and data
10. Light rail station area
11. Vision for transit and transportation
12. Integration on a regional basis
13. The Gardiner
14. The path system
15. Climate change
16. Autonomous vehicles and shares vehicles and how it will change our urban fabric